Family Law

We Understand Texas Family Law Matters

The major goal of Heath Grob, Principal Law Firm, P.C., is to reach mutually beneficial outcomes in every family law case, including those that involve complex litigation, and we are prepared to take your case as far as needed to secure favorable outcome. Every client who comes to us with a family law issue is afforded the same respect and dedicated representation. By providing individual and attentive support, we are able to ease the process, making it as simple and straightforward as possible.

Mr. Grob takes the time needed to fully explain all the pertinent laws and how they may be applied to each individual case, and will work to clearly outline each component of the process along with providing explanations of all the documentation that is needed for positive results. During your initial consultation, we will carefully assess your case, explain all of the documentation needed to support it, and discuss the most effective ways to reach a resolution. The most common family law areas Mr. Grob helps clients are:

  • Divorces
  • Military Divorce
  • Marital property division disputes
  • Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship (SAPCR)
  • Child support
  • Child custody & visitation
  • Modification
  • Enforcement
  • Stepchild adoption
  • Adoption of adult
  • Child name change
  • Adult name change


The decision to file for divorce is never an easy one. Emotional complexities combine with practical considerations and fears about what the future holds, all of which can factor into making decisions that are not in your best interests. If you and your partner can agree on all issues in your divorce and/or custody arrangements, an uncontested divorce is always the best option. Uncontested divorce may also involve spousal support, child support, visitation, and division of assets as agreed upon by both parties. Even if you and your partner can come to an agreement on some but not all of the issues in your divorce, the process is much more simple and reasonably priced. Contested divorce can take much longer and be significantly more emotionally trying.

Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship 

A Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship, more commonly known as a SAPCR, is a type of petition filed in family court asking the judge to issue orders regarding custody, visitation, child support, and/or medical support for a child. Usually, a Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship (SAPCR) allows parents to petition the court for these orders even when a mother and father were never married.

You do not necessarily have to be the parent of the child to file a Suit Affecting the Parent-Child Relationship without Divorce (SAPCR). A child’s guardian, grandparent, great-grandparent, sister, brother, aunt, uncle, niece, or nephew, or a foster parent may have standing to file a SAPCR. Because the statutes which grant you the right to file a SAPCR are complex, contacting a lawyer is essential to make sure you do not waste time and money or subject yourself to being ordered to pay someone’s attorney’s fees.

Modification & Enforcement 

After a divorce or SAPCR, you may need a modification to an existing custody or support order. You may also need an enforcement and modifications attorney to defend against Child Custody Modifications. An enforcement or modification may be necessary if there is a change in circumstances such as an illness, relocation, job loss that affects a custody or support arrangement, or in a situation where a parent fails to abide by an agreement or order.

Stepparent Adoption 

Stepparent adoption is when the spouse of a parent petitions the court to obtain legal parental rights of their spouse’s child/children through the adoption process. This process is basically the same as a regular adoption, with the exception that it is permissible only under certain circumstances.

Child Name Change 

There are a number of circumstances in which a parent, guardian or other conservator of a child may want the child’s last name to be changed. At minimum, a request to change a child’s name must state the reason why the child’s name should be changed, the child’s current name, the requested “new” name of the child and where the child resides currently. While the process is an involved one, the impact on a child’s life can last a lifetime. With an undertaking such as this, it is important to have an experienced attorney available to assist you.

Adoption of Adult and Adult Name Change 

There are a few particular reasons why an adult in Texas might seek to adopt another adult individual. The reasons may include the adoptee requires a custody or guardian or the adult desires the adoptee to inherit from the adult’s will or trust. In other cases, an adult is well bonded with a stepparent and desires to have the same last name as this parent. Despite the advantages to adopting an adult, many individuals in Texas are unaware of exactly how this process occurs.

Call Us First

You don’t have to go through a challenging family law problem alone. Put us by your side. Call our offices in Rockwall, Texas, at 972-961-4587 or contact us by email to schedule a consultation. 

Se Hable Espanol.

Contact Us

Please fill out the form below and our attorney will contact you.


Map & Directions