Rockwall Family Law Attorney Focuses on Your Urgent Concerns
Skilled representation and determined advocacy that delivers positive results
Many people find it difficult to ask for legal help with a family matter. Families, after all, should enjoy privacy and autonomy. However, certain circumstances demand the assistance of a qualified attorney to safeguard your interests and the well-being of those closest to you. At Heath Grob, Principal Law Firm, P.C. in Rockwall, you’ll find a welcoming environment where you can discuss your concerns and receive trustworthy advice from a Texas lawyer with more than a decade of legal experience. If you need guidance for an adoption, divorce, child custody dispute or any other issue, our attorney can thoroughly explain the matter and suggest a course of action to achieve your goals for your future.
Trustworthy counsel for a variety for divorces and other family law issues
The predominant reason why clients retain a family law attorney is divorce. We provide complete divorce representation, whether you are seeking a quick uncontested divorce or are engaged in an aggressively contested breakup. Whenever possible, we work to reach consensus on matters relating to:
- Child custody — In Texas, most divorced parents share legal authority regarding their child through a joint managing conservatorship. Access and possession orders set forth terms related to physical custody and visitation. After reviewing the situation and your child’s needs, our firm's attorney seeks solutions that enable you to maintain a loving relationship with your children, while serving their best interests.
- Child support — The test of whether a child support award is fair is whether it reflects the true financial state of the parents and the needs of the children. At Heath Grob Principal Law Firm, P.C., we strive to negotiate and enforce fair child support arrangements. Our attorney challenges inaccurate information that is given to the court and also handles modification enforcement actions.
- Alimony — Known as “maintenance” under Texas law, court-ordered alimony is limited to certain situations where there is a reason why someone relied on their spouse’s income cannot support themselves. We raise all relevant facts to secure the most appropriate result.
- Property division — Texas is a community property state, so generally, each spouse is entitled to an equal share of wealth acquired during the marriage. However, there may be exceptions based on certain facts, which we thoroughly investigate to pursue the best possible outcome.
In addition to divorce work, we also represent clients in matters related to:
- Adoption — Our firm guides clients through the process of international and domestic adoptions, including agency adoptions and open adoptions, to ensure the process is legally sound. We provide the guidance your need to navigate the process and fulfill all requirements so you can focus on welcoming your new family member.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements — Clients contemplating marriage or already married can often benefit from a contract that defines their property rights in the event of a divorce or legal separation. We work with couples in the Rockwall area and throughout Texas to create fair and enforceable legal agreements that protect their interests.
- Paternity actions — The right to child support, child custody and visitation frequently must wait for an adjudication of paternity.
- Post-divorce modifications — After a divorce is finalized, circumstances often change, justifying a re-examination of the existing court orders for support and custody. We represent clients making motions and those opposing motions to modify orders.
In many instances, our firm can reach a settlement through negotiation or mediation, avoiding a court hearing. However, when your rights depend on litigation, you can rely on us to present a compelling argument in court.
How do I appeal a family law judgment?
If you receive an adverse judgment, you have a limited right to appeal if the judge has made an error in applying the law. Sometimes, the fact that potential grounds for an appeal exist can lead the parties to negotiate a settlement that modifies the existing order. Our firm offers honest counsel regarding the likelihood of a successful family law appeal.
Contact my Rockwall, TX law office to discuss your family law matter
Heath Grob, Principal Law Firm, P.C. in Rockwall represents North Texas clients in a wide range of family law matters. Please call 972-961-4587 or contact us online to schedule an appointment.